Research is organized in two research programs (which are part of the Research Institute of Child Development and Education):
- Child Development: includes empirical research on cognitive, social-emotional, and biological development, and the effects of contextual factors and interventions on child and adolescent development and behaviour (normal and abnormal).
- Education: includes empirical research on learning, learning disorders, and instruction, and the effects of learner characteristics, specific educational interventions and contextual factors on the acquisition and development of cognitive and social-emotional skills.
Research Priority Area: Yield
Yield conducts multidisciplinary research on the bioecology of human development, from infancy to young adulthood, with perspectives from Medicine, Psychology, Pedagogics, Education, Communication, Economics, and Psychometrics.
The University of Amsterdam offers various Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Child Development and Education, including initial teacher training programmes.
- Onderwijswetenschappen (in Dutch)
- Pedagogische wetenschappen (in Dutch)
- Universitaire Pabo van Amsterdam (in Dutch)
- Onderwijswetenschappen (Dutch)
- Pedagogical Sciences: Youth at Risk
- Pedagogische wetenschappen: Forensische orthopedagogiek (Dutch)
- Pedagogische wetenschappen: Orthopedagogiek (Dutch)
- Pedagogische wetenschappen: Preventieve jeugdhulp en opvoeding (Dutch)
Research Master's programme
Roeterseilandcampus - gebouw D
Nieuwe Achtergracht 127
1018 WS Amsterdam
Telefoon: +31 20 525 1201
Room LocationNieuwe Achtergracht 166
1018 WV Amsterdam